Thursday, December 11, 2008

To My Dad

while I'm on a roll.... yet another loss.. this one even tougher.... this morning while DJing at SR i recieved a call from my step-mother...my father had passed away... he was 66.. not that old when you think about it. Memories.. i have so many and i will cherish them... i think my fondest being his habit of playing a song at the end of his radio show... for me each night... after saying this is for you .. Im coing home. When i was 6 it was the Beatles... all you need is love.. when i was a teenager..it was.. elton John.. Your song. Yes my father was a rl DJ...Radio his medium... later years he did a show on internet radio. I love him... and will miss him terribly. I have a couple songs i dedicated to his this morning... one being In my Life.. of course remade by Ozzy... and Sevendust- angels son. Both have a lot of meaning .. both will always make me tear up a little...and yet smile... at those awesome memories.

I love you Dad.

Life is changing I can't go on without you
Rearranging. I will be strong I'll stand by you
(You were fighting everyday)
(So hard to hide the pain)
(I know you never said goodbye)
(I had so much left to say)
One last song
Given to an Angel's Son
As soon as you were gone
As soon as you were gone
I have a new life now
She lives through you
What can I do
Feel so alone now
I pray for you
We still love you
I can't believe you're gone
I can't believe

Sevendust-Angels son

No comments: