Friday, November 19, 2010

Seriously Folks

So I log in today in a rush I needed to post some events and get out of SL, it's my twins Birth day today and i have a lot to get done before their party later.. any way I log into a complaint passed on to me from the GM. The complaint? Was about a designers t-shirt. The person felt is contained objectionable content. Hmm well to some yes it does...but in the end it boils down to this...we are a mature sim therefore you may well see things that offend you. Am I supposed to kick people out of the club for being naked, or wearing objectionable clothing? Or lets look at it from another angle, anyone who has been in SL long enough... who knows anything about clubs knows they are money pits, they take lindens to run.. and the malls attached to clubs bring in a major portion of the income generated to pay tier and events, often it can be touch and go on whats brought in and making said tier. So am I to kick out a vendor because someone didn't like what a t-shirt they are selling says? and if I kick that vendor and their rent is needed to make tier what then? I close the club because again 1 person found the content objectionable? And I tell all the other people what? Sorry this one person didn't like what a vendor was selling so I kicked the vendor out and I couldn't make tier? lol maybe I should give out the name to all the people that would complain too. In the end I cannot please everyone, I gave up on that long ago. I do suggest sending complaints where they belong which is to the designer, not the club or mall owner.

No comments: