Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Wish

So I was reading a friends blog .. she recently lost her father and  the pain for her is still raw , like a wound, fresh, trying to scab over and heal but you move and  there it goes again.  I wish I had the magic words for her, fact is I don't, no one does, sure I could say look Momma, I'm a old pro at this.. lost my 2nd born daughter, lost my Mother, my father, my husband, his parents, my grandparents, but fact is, everyone has to go through it themselves, everyone has to deal, to experience the pain, the emotions all of it.  I can offer my hand, my shoulder, my ear to be there when she needs to share, yes that I can do.  But those steps, much like the first steps a child takes are ones she must take in her own way, her own time.  It's a helpless feeling sometimes, wishing you could make things better when you cant, knowing you have to let them go through this and just be there.  I can say .. yes, though you may not believe it at this moment, there is a light at the end of this tunnel, one that will shine again, when your ready.  There will come a day, slowly when you smile more than cry.  When the memories hurt less.  Be patient with yourself, don't be  too hard on yourself.  Allow yourself to remember, to work through those memories.  And remember I am always here, and always willing to listen.

No comments: